Sunday, January 01, 2012

Let The New Year Begin!

I love new beginnings. When the year starts over it feels like forgiveness and redemption. I don't know why I tend to look for these external events to give myself permission to start over, to refresh and to wipe the slate clean -- but I do. Apparently I have not yet grasped the power God has given me to begin anew at any moment. But, alas, here we all are at a new beginning. Hallelujah!

It is my prayer for 2012:
  • That I and We can forgive ourselves and others -- and can accept forgiveness from others.
  • That I and We can find passion in our relationships with others.
  • That I and We can plot goodness where ever we find ourselves.
  • That I and We can grow in ways that both deepen and broaden us.
  • That I and We can find true community in which all of the above can happen with authentic and inspirational encouragement.
One of my favorite music groups, Raining Jane, says it this way: Let the New YEAR Begin.

Labels: , , , , ,

2 Comments:

At 1:50 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I begin too looking at the New Year refreshed and hopefully living more like Jesus. I found a great church and great fellowship. I pray one day Greg will join me. Here is to a great year!

 
At 1:52 PM , Anonymous carmella said...

"to plot goodness wherever we find ourselves".... i love that!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home